Digital Age and Paper printed business cards.
In the paperless digital age and is the paper printed business card an effective networking tool?
Cloud, Digitisation, Sustainability and Automation tools are trends driving companies in achieving their business objectives by driving costs lower.
In today’s global business environment, it is all about Innovations in Digitisation, Sustainability, Cost Reductions and Standing Out. Do your business cards meet this criterion and do they connect and inspire action in a meaningful way in the Digital world?
We live in a practically paperless digital age and so is the paper printed business card such an effective networking tool? Presently, there are two parts to the networking process:
- 1.) Sharing your card with others. More and more first-time connections are happening via social media or other digital forms. In the Digital age, how do you want to communicate with your customers? Via Digital Media / Social Networks? Or keep handing out printed business cards (“bits of paper”) where you don’t know what happens to them once you have given them to someone – you just hope that something positive will come out of it. Will the other person make the effort to enter your contact details manually into their mobile device?
- 2.) Then when you Receive business cards from others. What to do with them? At the present most people put them in their desk drawer or just throw them away. There are some card reader apps available where you can scan and save the cards – but most people find these Apps not that good or easy to use. Effectively today, 90% of the cards are with thrown away or lost within the first couple of weeks and these networking connections could be important sales leads for future potential business opportunities.
The Digital Business Card and Scan & Save from ShareEcard offers a total solution to address both above challenges:
- 1.) By providing a Digital Business Card (with your own branding with the same look as printed cards) which is installed on your Smartphone then can be SHARED via: SMS, LinkedIn, Email, What’s App, QR code, etc. NO App required and will work even when there is no internet. In addition to all the existing Contact information, you can include “Digital Content” in the form of Clickable social media Icons and URLs such as a company Video, company Facebook profile, company LinkedIn profile, etc.
- 2.) Smart Management of the business cards that you RECEIVE by digitizing them - you can scan and extract all the useful information and save them in your Smartphone or any other mobile device. Tools to manage all your Received business cards by adding notes, setting reminders, quickly searching, tagging, etc. ShareEcard uses OCR technologies to convert paper business cards into digital, thereby ensuring that business connections are available and become a resource for the entire company. In summary: Digitizing the Field Force.
Main benefits of the ShareEcard solution:
- A fully integrated system that is easy to use and has a positive impact in the way your eCard is SHARED with others and the way you can manage RECEIVED cards.
- It works on ALL mobile devices. You don’t need the ShareEcard App and will work even when there is no internet.
- A truly eco-friendly and green solution.
- Big Cost Savings.
- Increased business opportunities by smart management of your connections.
This new concept requires a big re-think of what the main purpose of Business Cards is today. Also, there is mind-set and long held assumption that the printed card will be used in an effective way. So, it is easy to continue with the “business as usual and to continue printing business cards”. Normally, people receiving a printed business card look at it for 2 – 3 seconds and put it in their pocket.
With all the digitization trends and digital content explosion. Are Printed business cards useful tool for networking in the Digital paperless world? Increase you “Digital Footprint” instead of your “Carbon Footprint”.